Miss going out? Miss dining at restaurants? Miss hanging out with friends? Waiting out the storm inside, lockdown from coronavirus for weeks might become really frustrating and boring, not to mention letting ourselves go and being sloppy which will take an eventual toll on our mental and emotional well-being. We stress the importance of looking and feeling good by sharing 10 fun things you can do at home. Let’s go!
1. Get creative in the kitchen; the sky’s the limit!
If we’re stuck at home, we might as well eat well. Instead of stocking up on snacks and tidbits, why not roll up our sleeves and cook or bake something healthy and tasty to #stayhealthy #stayfit?
#GuiltFree recipe 1:
Grilled capsicum & zucchini dip
- 2 red capsicums, halved and seeds removed
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1cm thick lengths
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven grill to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Arrange the capsicum halves, cut side down, and zucchini on a baking tray. Brush generously with olive oil (about one tablespoon), and season with salt. Place in the oven under the preheated grill.
- Cook for five minutes, then flip the zucchini only, then grill for a further five minutes or until the capsicum skin is charred. Cool for five minutes, then peel off the capsicum skin. It is OK if a small amount remains, but make sure to remove the charred skin, as it is bitter.
- In a food processor roughly grind the toasted sunflower seeds. Add the grilled vegetables (it is OK if they are still warm), remaining olive oil, garlic, vinegar, honey, and cracked pepper. Blend until smooth. Adjust taste as needed with extra salt or vinegar.
- Scoop into a bowl and serve with a selection of crackers and vegetables. The dip will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to four days.
#GuiltFree recipe 2
Greek yogurt with fruits & nuts
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp Chia seed
- ½ tbsp Psyllum husk
- ½ tbsp Flaxseed
- ½ tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Mixed nuts
- ½ cup Fresh berries
- ½ tbsp Homemade nut butter (optional)
- Layer up in a bowl with yogurt, seeds, nuts and berries . Granola would taste great too! Enjoy!
2. DIY Mini facial
With more time in hand, let’s give our skin an overdue pampering treat. Mix our Divinely Gentle Micro-Exfoliant with Absolutely Youthful Hydra Cleanser to gently remove the excessive dead cells while soothing and calming the skin. With the barrier (aka dead cells) between the real skin and products removed, it’s the perfect time to gently massage in our luxurious Cell Regeneration Facial Oil Serum to nourish and soften our skin. Finally, lather on our silky smooth Ultra-Revive H20+Masque and Youth Enhancing Eye Mask to give our skin a boost of hydration, as well as to combat fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and moisture loss. While our shops are temporarily closed, we’re here for you virtually. You can still get your favourite products from our website www.keworganics.com .
3.Combat the blue-light effect
Since we are going to work from home quite a fair bit, protecting our skin from the blue light emitted from our mobile phones or computers is essential. Apply a desired amount of Ultra-Fluid Tinted UV Protector SPF to block out the blue light. In addition, it provides a gorgeous sheer coverage for a fresh, ‘barely there look’ during video call conference. Say yes to that ‘No makeup, makeup’ look!
For a glamourous tinge of dark cherry hue, check out our Rouge Smooch Tinted Organic Lip Balm. It also doubles up to nourish our lips throughout the day.
As we need to drink water throughout the day to hydrate our organs, all the more we have to replenish moisture to our largest organ ie. our skin. Our vote goes to our Elixir Hydrating Concentrate Serum. It is a skin thirst quencher with over 95% of certified organic ingredients and powerful botanicals that tap on the vitality of organic plant-based stem cell therapy to boost our skin from the inside out and strengthen its regenerative power. It also helps our skin to fight against free radicals and environmental stressors. Hello youthful skin!
4. More time for self-care
Indulge in a long, warm bath and scrub away your excessive dead cells with our relaxing Coconut Lavender Organic Sugar Body Scrub . The heavenly scent of lavender relieves stress , calms the senses and promotes quality sleep. Sounds like just what we need!
5. Get social
You’re already doing it anyways; and don’t forget to follow us on:
, if you haven’t!
6. Back up your phone pictures.
AAAAhhhh…. This is something everyone wants to do but can never get around to doing it. Now it’s a good time to do so!
7. Touch base
Call your siblings or school friend. Chances are, there are quite a few important people in your life you never have enough time for. Why not catch up on their life now?
8. Acquire new skills
From dancing to cooking to playing guitar, Youtube has everything to make you an expert while sitting at home!
With lesser activities and extra energy, let’s get physical. Stretch and work on strengthening your muscles with exercises such as boxing.
No boxing equipment? No worries, simple exercises work too. All we need is our body weight, some space, a yoga mat and sportswear. Even your house furniture can double up as ‘gym equipment’. You’ll be grateful to yourself after the lockdown is over.
10. Clean the house
Not one to exercise? Fret not. Cleaning the house is also a form of “exercise”. You could even declutter and re-arrange your furniture for a change of mood.
Do share these tips with your babes. Till we meet again, let’s all stay beautiful and healthy!