Glow With Sugar K: One-stop Organic Peel Bar
The past few months leading up to the wedding has been insane, and though I know you guys mean well, I don’t think I can stand to hear another “How’s wedding prep” question without feeling like I’m gonna rip apart at the seams. Instead, ask me if I’ve gotten the invites printed, or if I have chosen my actual day photographers and videographers. Those questions are much easier to answer
In the midst of all that hustle, though, I still managed to find time for my face (of course, it’s Gail Soh Vain, I wouldn’t have expected any less of myself haha). I’ve posted a few IG stories so far, and the response I’ve gotten judging from my insta dm tells me that some of you are eagerly waiting for me to review this treatment, so here goes ~
Sugar K Organic Peel Bar is the first organic facial peel bar concept to launch in Singapore, created by Kew Organics’ founder Lily Kew. The main objective of such an innovative concept is to help time-strapped urbanites achieve a naturally-flawless complexion quickly, effectively and effortlessly. Inspired by the fast-rising trend of speedy facial peels in trendy New York City, the Sugar K Organic Peel can be administered in under 20 minutes while you hot-desk at the chic, minimalist bar counter area, scrolling through Facebook and occasionally taking Instagram stories.
“Hang on,” you say, “I use facial scrubs at home and go for facials regularly, why do I still need this?”
Facials and scrubs do go some way in clearing debris on the skin surface, but a deeper exfoliation is needed to get that plump, fresh and blemish-free complexion every girl dreams of.
For me, I suffer from enlarged pores and recurring white/blackheads, a result of my daily use of makeup. My pores are usually clogged even though it looks smooth on the outside. No thanks to Singapore’s high humidity levels as well!!!
Do you know, the accumulation of dead skin cells and excess sebum on the epidermis and pores can result in a thickened stratum comeum layer that prevents skin from fully absorbing the skincare we dutifully apply on our faces day and night?
That makes my blood run cold because hell, I spend more money on skincare than makeup, and god knows how much money I spent on makeup already.
Sugar K Organic Peel Bar is also the world’s first all-natural skin peelservice featuring an all-natural glycolic peel formula that is gentle on the skin. It is a blend of glycolic acid derived from sugar cane and organic citrus fruit acids that provides a potent exfoliating action on the skin, gently sloughing off the topmost layer of the epidermis in just a few minutes with minimal risk of chemical burns and irritation. Suitable for most skin types!
Smoother and more radiant skin can be seen after one session, though I would recommend you to go for 3-4 sessions for maximum results. Not only did the peel help to stimulate my skin’s cellular renewal, it also helped in boosting hydration levels, so that my skin becomes less oily. With the pores unclogged, my face can fully absorb the nourishing and reparative ingredients from the Kew Organics skincare that is applied.
Lily Kew’s dream is for women to achieve a complexion so naturally flawless that “they can ditch their makeup if they choose to”, and that, my friends, is exactly what we should aim to do.
I love putting on makeup, but I want to put on makeup because I want to, and not because I have to.
Some fun facts about the treatment:
- Glycolic acid is the most active and beneficial of the alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) in skincare and is the only AHA able to penetrate through the cell walls, trigger new formation of collagen, and plump up the cells to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Unlike scrubs, peel ingredients sink into the skin, targeting deeper layers of skin cells, making it an excellent treatment for acne and acne scars, lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, uneven skin tone, dull-looking skin and enlarged pores.
- Skin will feel smooth and soft after a peel treatment; and as the dead skin cells have been removed from the skin’s surface, skincare such as serums and moisturizers will better penetrate the skin, making them more effective.
- There are 3 types of professional-use peels in the market: deep, medium and light peels. Both deep and medium-level peels might result in redness, irritation and, in some cases, superficial burns, requiring significant downtime. Light peels, like Sugar K’s all-natural peel solution, are effective with minimal risks and requires zero downtime.
1. Cleanse and application of organic peel.
2. Removal of peel after 5 minutes, followed by application of skincare products.
Duration of Sugar K Organic Peel Treatment: 15 to 20 minutes per session
It takes as little as 3 sessions to transform your skin and get that Sugar K glow!
- À la carte price of $55 per treatment
- Package price of $425.40 for 6 peel treatments, inclusive of $155.40 worth of Kew Organics skincare (including the Sugar Cane Royal Flush Exfoliant to enhance the results of the Sugar K peels).
- skincare to be used at home day and night (as recommended by Sugar K therapists) for optimal results.
Special promo for my readers: Enjoy 30% off a package of 3 Sugar K Organic Peel Bar sessions (worth $165) if you quote my name at booking. Valid till 15 Aug 2017 only!
Update: From 15 Aug – 30 Sept 2017, it will be $135 for 3 sessions. After 30 Sept 2017, original package prices will apply.
6 Eu Tong Sen Street
#03-83 Clarke Quay Central
If you’re posting about your process, please tag me and @GlowwithSugarK because we want to share your joy! x
I love you Sugar K! Thank you for prepping my skin for the wedding (: