B / BEAUTY
5 Reasons To Check Out Singapore’s First Organic Peel Bar
This quickie lunchtime facial is natural and painless and will give you flawless skin
No patience, no time. That’s what Lily Kew (pictured above), Singaporean founder of organic skincare brand Kew Organics, heard from friends who wanted flawless skin but were too busy for regular 60min facials. So, inspired by New York City’s trending demand for speedy face peels with fast results and minimum downtime, the certified beauty therapist and nutritionist set up Sugar K Organic Peel Bar for fuss-free peel facials. Here are five facts about the place.
1. The bar offers only one treatment, the Organic Peel Treatment ($55 a session). Sit at the bar counter, and the therapist brings everything to you.
2. The peel takes 10-20 minutes, depending on your needs.
3. In the meantime, you can hot desk using the free Wi-fi from the salon or just catch up on social media.
4. The concentrated AHA-based product comprises of buffered glycolic acid derived from sugar cane and organic citrus fruit acids and is suitable for all skin types except the extremely sensitive.
5. It is formulated to exfoliate, stimulate skin cell renewal, boost collagen production, unclog pores, lighten dark spots and even out skin tone. But it cannot eliminate deeply clogged pores and oil seeds (these must be manually extracted) or hormone-related spots.
VERDICT: “I felt a mild tingling sensation when the peel solution was left to sit on my face for a couple of minutes, but that faded once the neutralising solution was applied. Immediately afterwards, my oily-combination skin appeared more radiant and hydrated. After one session, my enlarged pores looked more refined and my skin tone appeared brighter and more even. I experienced slight peeling at the sides of my nose and on my chin over the next two days.” – Kayce Teo, beauty writer
Sugar K Organic Peel Bar is at #03-83 Clarke Quay Central (tel: 6904-4161).